Social Enterprise

The Social Cooperative Arcobaleno

A Response to Inclusive Mobility

Scenario

In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, physical distancing rules have heightened mobility difficulties for the elderly and people with disabilities, making access to transport services critical. This situation has underscored the need for safe and accessible transport solutions to ensure the mobility and autonomy of these more vulnerable groups. The Social Cooperative Arcobaleno, operating in Valderice (TP), recognized these emerging needs in their territory.

Territory: Valderice (Trapani)

Objective

The aim of the “Let’s start together: get on board” project was to effectively respond to the increasing transportation needs of the elderly and disabled people in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The intention was to exclude no one from the service and to provide more effective assistance in the territory, coping with the difficulties imposed by physical distancing rules.

Activities

Under the “Let’s start together: get on board” project, the Social Cooperative Arcobaleno purchased an additional vehicle equipped for the transportation of people with wheelchairs. This investment resulted in an expansion of the cooperative’s service capacity, allowing it to assist a larger number of people in the territory.

Role of the Community Foundation of Agrigento and Trapani

The Community Foundation supported the “Let’s start together: get on board” project of the Social Cooperative Arcobaleno, which was part of the crowdfunding program “Inclusive restarts”. The call that selected community projects. Thanks to the collaboration initiated with the ForFunding platform of Intesa Sanpaolo, the Third Sector Entities selected together with the Community Foundation launched a community crowdfunding campaign. Upon reaching 30% of the amount necessary for the project’s implementation, the Community Foundation co-financed the project with the remaining 70%.

Impact

The purchase of a vehicle for service to people with disabilities.

The #ApeOperosa workshop was inaugurated in Agrigento

The #ApeOperosa workshop was inaugurated in Agrigento

2048 1536 Fondazione Comunitaria di Agrigento e Trapani
Digita qui...
Privacy Preferences

When you visit our website, it may store information through your browser from specific services, usually in the form of cookies. Here you can change your Privacy preferences. It is worth noting that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer.

Our website uses cookies, mainly from 3rd party services. Define your Privacy Preferences and/or agree to our use of cookies.