Social enterprise CON I BAMBINI
Provinces of Agrigento and Trapani
July 2022 – July 2025
Goal of the project
Our goal is to overcome the fragmentation and discontinuity of services aimed at children in three popular suburbs of Marsala, Mazara del Vallo and Agrigento, devoid of services and opportunities for minors, by activating three micro educational spaces, based on the pedagogical method of outdoor education and on the educational methodologies of Pikler, Montessori and Steiner.
The partnership shares on a new community welfare model where childcare services are integrated into the collective action of an educational network.
Who is it for?
The project is aimed at children residing in the territories involved, with particular attention to minors at risk of social exclusion and with high levels of poverty, who have remained outside the access lists to municipal and state management services. It is aimed at the families of these minors, operators and volunteers from local educational agencies (local authorities, schools, non profit organizations).
The project activates 3 educational micro-spaces in peripheral urban contexts for 5 days a week in the morning and in the afternoon for minors and families in conditions of social and economic fragility. The three redeveloped spaces become the seat of new or complementary educational services to the existing ones:
- Outdoor education actions aimed at minors and families (creative workshops, events, meetings with families, music therapy) with pedagogical orientation based on direct contact with the environment.
- Psycho-pedagogical help desks with actions to accompany birth, maternity and paternity, strengthening parenting skills, care and support in situations of disability, aimed at families and the educating community.
- Training courses for operators, volunteers, parents who attend educational spaces for various reasons.
- Development of a “Food Box” with a high nutritional value to promote the culture of a healthy and balanced diet in families. The action involves the donation of 210 Food Boxes to economically fragile families and activities to combat educational poverty on the subject of health and nutrition.
- 3 social help desks with proximity service.
- Territorial animation for social microcredit, fed on a voluntary basis by people and businesses, as a formula for supporting families living in situations of socio-economic precariousness.
- Anthro-pedagogical scientific action promoted by the 2 partner Universities with the organization of a final workshop aimed at social workers, coordinator representatives, service representatives.
650 minori (250 a Marsala, 150 a Mazara del Vallo, 250 ad Agrigento) direttamente coinvolti nelle attività educative, con conseguente riduzione del range dei destinatari che non accedono ai servizi attivi
340 famiglie in cui sono aumentate le competenze genitoriali dalla partecipazione diretta alle attività educative
24 operatori e insegnanti che hanno migliorato le competenze professionali dalle attività formative del progetto
Consorzio Solidalia Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus (capofila), Fondazione Comunitaria di Agrigento e Trapani, Arché Onlus, Associazione Casa della Comunità Speranza, Associazione Eduverso, Comitato di quartiere Fontanelle Insieme, Comune di Marsala, Comune di Mazara del Vallo, IACP Trapani, Istituto Comprensivo “Mario Nuccio” Marsala, Istituto Comprensivo “Paolo Borsellino – D. Ajello”, Istituto Comprensivo Statale “Anna Frank”, Istituto scolastico I.C. G. Boscarino-A. Castiglione, Koinonia C.S.R.L., Libera Università degli Studi di Enna “Kore”, Parrocchia San Nicola – Fontanelle, Synergia Srl, Università degli studi di Palermo – Dipartimento di Scienze Psicologiche, Pedagogiche, dell’Esercizio Fisico e della Formazione, Zeroseiup s.r.l.
Il progetto è stato selezionato da CON I BAMBINI nell’ambito del Fondo per il contrasto della povertà educativa minorile.
650 minors (250 in Marsala, 150 in Mazara del Vallo, 250 in Agrigento) directly involved in educational activities, with a consequent reduction in the range of recipients who do not access active services
340 families in which parenting skills have increased from direct participation in educational activities
24 operators and teachers who improved their professional skills from the training activities of the project
The project was selected by CON I BAMBINI as part of the Fund for combating juvenile educational poverty.
Solidalia Consortium Social Cooperative Society Onlus (lead partner), Community Foundation of Agrigento and Trapani, Arché Onlus, Casa della Comunità Speranza Association, Eduverso Association, Fontanelle Insieme neighborhood committee, Municipality of Marsala, Municipality of Mazara del Vallo, IACP Trapani, “Mario Nuccio” Institute, “Paolo Borsellino – D. Ajello” Institute, “Anne Frank” Institute, Boscarino-A. Castiglione Institute, Koinonia C.S.R.L., University of Enna “Kore”, Parish of San Nicola – Fontanelle, Synergia Srl, University of Palermo – Department of Psychological, Pedagogical, Physical Exercise and Training Sciences, Zeroseiup s.r.l.
For more information about the project or to participate, you can contact Daniela Avanzato firstname.lastname@example.org