EU – NextGeneretionEU through the Ministry of Culture
Santo Stefano Quisquina
June 2022 – May 2026
Goal of the project
Our goal is to enhance the tourist potential of Santo Stefano Quisquina by involving and activating the community, taking care of hospitality, offering a varied range of experiences, connecting territory and people.
The soul and strength of the project lies in the innovation of processes: a systemic approach model already validated elsewhere (and therefore verifiable) and applied to a great narrative potential.
It is carried out by a community made truly aware of the heritage and truly competent in the ability to communicate and share it, in order to generate social, cultural, environmental and economic value.
Who is it for?
The project is aimed at the entire local community: local businesses (Ho.re.ca companies, artisans, cultural and tourist operators), Third sector bodies, Public Administration bodies, students and scholars, active citizens and tourists.
The project acts primarily on 6 lines of intervention:
- Social reconnection of the community fabric between its members, present and emigrated, and of the community with the territory;
- Cultural-based urban regeneration through the enhancement of already usable cultural attractions, the creation of a new offer of tourist-cultural services and the census of local identities;
- Strengthening of the reception and activation of the inhabitants as providers of experiences;
- Implementation of environmental sustainability practices in the tourist offer;
- Economic reactivation, including training and accompaniment for the creation of a Social Community Cooperative capable of managing the activities in the long term;
- Process innovation (bottom-bottom) and technological innovation.
- Birth of new professional figures, trained and competent, mainly young people and women, linked to hospitality
- New enterprises directly or indirectly involved in tourism and cultural activities
- Protected knowledge and increased cultural and tourist attractiveness of the place
- Increase in travelers and their average stay
- Increase in cultural participation by the community and travellers
- Increase in stimuli in the community, pride and sense of belonging
- Contrasted demographic exodus
Municipality of Santo Stefano Quisquina (lead partner), Community Foundation of Agrigento and Trapani, Impacta Social Enterprise, AVSI Foundation, Cooperative of Community Identità e Bellezza, South Working – Lavorare dal Sud APS, Tools for Culture APS, DARCH University of Palermo, Ashoka, AzzeroCO2 s.r.l., Via delle Rondini Association, Village for All s.r.l., Terra Promessa ETS, Orestiadi Foundation, APS PRO LOCO Association of Santo Stefano Quisquina, Sikanamente APS, Slow Food Monti Sicani
The project was selected by the Ministry of Culture as part of PNRR M1C3 – Intervention 2.1 Attractiveness of historic villages
For more information on the project or to participate you can contact Daniela Avanzato firstname.lastname@example.org